Beliefs

Monday, December 14, 2015

Lights at Christmas

Hi YALL:)

I love December and all it brings. It is a time of giving and sharing. I'm stoked out of my mind because I get to spend not only Christmas time, but every day as a missionary like Christ would- serving, uplifting, loving, and sharing the greatest knowledge I have: That Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. That each of us need Him. That because of Him we can all change and become new, that we can live together as families, and receive the deepest joy unimaginable. And what better gift to give than the hope that comes from the knowledge that we have a Savior. I am so thankful for Him- His miraculous birth, perfect life, and loving sacrifice for each of us. If you haven't seen it yet, (today was the first time I saw it...) watch this video-https://www.mormon.org/christmas/purpose-of-a-savior

The devotional, given by the leaders of our church, was amazing. I loved Bednar's talk. All of the lights we see at Christmas time are to remind of us the source of all light- Christ. He said that He was the "light and the life of the world" (3 Nephi 11:11). So when you pass all of the lights during this time, think of Him.

I have realized, this year more than ever, that this is a season based on families and gratitude.
I have chosen to be away from my family at this time so that I can help other families find the peace and joy that comes from building their homes on the foundation that is Jesus Christ. And sorry, yall- I've got the best family out there. Not even a question.

I love this quote put up in the lady's house we stay with while down in Grand View...

"Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God."

May we all live in an attitude of gratitude this season because of the great blessings we've been given by God. The ultimate expression of His love for us was sending the Savior to the earth.

XOXO Sister Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment