Beliefs

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

"The Spirit breaks down any language barriers"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! For us to be safe, on New Years and Halloween we had to be in our apartment by 6:30. So since my companion, Sister Tokia, doesn't know how to cook hahahaa she wants me to teach her some things. We spent the night planning, updating area books, doing progress records, and then baking pumpkin muffins :) We are actually now in a trio with Sister Fanga'iuiha from Honolulu, Hawaii for the rest of the transfer because her companion went home.... two polys. it's been SUCH a party hahaa and we laugh literally all day long!! im like the most palangi companion ever so we make quite the team hahahaa we are covering 5 wards and its been MADNESS. but i love it :)

Also, you are all going to have to forgive me.... I am still trying to catch up on Birthday emails. AND ITS JANUARY. So please, bear with me if you haven't heard back.

This week, I really have learned that the Spirit breaks down any language barriers. We attended the Spanish Elders baptism on Saturday. And even though I could only understand about a third of what was being said, the spirit was super strong. And it brought to my remembrance many words that I had forgotten. By two companions don't speak a lick (oh my gosh. that's an Idaho phrase for ya...) of Spanish, but they both said they felt the Spirit super strongly too.

Then on Sunday, we went to see our favorite Burmese family <3 and the Spirit testified to me that they are learning and progressing. They read what we left with them and believe that it is true!!

I LOVE THIS WORK!!
happy days ahead :)

xoxo
Sister Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment