Beliefs

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

"I am so glad you came. I've been thinking about you two."

HI EVERYONE!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! This truly is the most wonderful time of the year! Filled with so much hope and love and joy and LIGHT!! As a missionary, it is super extra special being able to serve and share all of those emotions with everyone as we celebrate Christ's humble beginnings. I am so grateful to be able to spend two of them here, despite how my mom feels about it. :) Grateful we could skype though!! (highlight of my day! After all, they are the reason I am here. Because of Christ I can live with them forever and I want that for everyone!)

Christmas day was spent visiting the sick and lonely in hospitals and assisted living homes. We were also able to go caroling as a district (LOVE THEM) which was way too much fun. All the missionaries in our district got packages from Santa... and we cant figure out who they are from... BUT SANTA TOTALLY NAILED IT. For all of us individually! Not very many people know that I LOVE art, but the note I got said that I should use my talents and enclosed was a journal, 2 canvases, and paint. I almost cried. I have seriously missed painting! when the elders heard what I got, Elder Ruesch's response was "#Santa'sREAL." hahahaa I believe.

But better than receiving gifts is giving them. And being able to remember the greatest gift of all. Which is that of our Savior's life. My favorite part of my reading this morning was Nephi's vision of the Savior hundreds of years before His coming:

 19 And it came to pass that I beheld that she was carried away in the Spirit; and after she had been carried away in the Spirit for the space of a time the angel spake unto me, saying: Look!

 20 And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing a child in her arms.

 21 And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father! Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw?

 22 And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.

 23 And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul.

 24 And after he had said these words, he said unto me: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the Son of God going forth among the children of men; and I saw many fall down at his feet and worship him.

 25 And it came to pass that I beheld that the rod of iron, which my father had seen, was the word of God, which led to the fountain of living waters, or to the tree of life; which waters are a representation of the love of God; and I also beheld that the tree of life was a representation of the love of God.

 26 And the angel said unto me again: Look and behold the condescension of God!

 27 And I looked and beheld the Redeemer of the world, of whom my father had spoken; and I also beheld the prophet who should prepare the way before him. And the Lamb of God went forth and was baptized of him; and after he was baptized, I beheld the heavens open, and the Holy Ghost come down out of heaven and abide upon him in the form of a dove.

 28 And I beheld that he went forth ministering unto the people, in power and great glory; and the multitudes were gathered together to hear him; and I beheld that they cast him out from among them.

 29 And I also beheld twelve others following him. And it came to pass that they were carried away in the Spirit from before my face, and I saw them not.

 30 And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the heavens open again, and I saw angels descending upon the children of men; and they did minister unto them.

 31 And he spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the Lamb of God going forth among the children of men. And I beheld multitudes of people who were sick, and who were afflicted with all manner of diseases, and with devils and unclean spirits; and the angel spake and showed all these things unto me. And they were healed by the power of the Lamb of God; and the devils and the unclean spirits were cast out.

 32 And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked and beheld the Lamb of God, that he was taken by the people; yea, the Son of the everlasting God was judged of the world; and I saw and bear record.

 33 And I, Nephi, saw that he was lifted up upon the cross and slain for the sins of the world.

"I am so glad you came. I've been thinking about you two." A humbling phrase. Missionaries often get told this, and this week we were told by a less active man in a super rough life situation. He is awesome and has so much love in his heart despite the trials he is facing. The Spirit directed us to him, and what a blessing to be the answer to someone's silent prayers and pleadings.

So my very limited Spanish abilities has super blessed me in Boise. IT REALLY DID PAY OFF! Between the 2 exchanges with the Hermanas last transfer and some of the people that we have recently met, I am grateful that I studied!!

As a mission, we are doing a 100 day challenge to read the Book of Mormon and find things each day that will draw us closer to God (as stated in the introduction). It has been SUPER awesome and I am falling in love with the Book all over again. The way I will get nearer to God today because of my studies this morning is trusting more fully in God's timing.

LOVE YOU ALL!!
xoxo
happy days ahead :)

Sister Boyce
happy happy with this one :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment