Beliefs

Monday, November 9, 2015

God's Love is Infinite

Hi FamJam and friends:)

What a wonderful week. My new companion, Sister Merrell, is so cool. We are so similar in so many ways. I swear if we were any more alike we'd be the same person hahaa :)



I have SO MUCH I want to talk about this week so I'll give you a run down on the people here we are teaching and the highlights:

Buck is still old and still having a hard time praying. But he's getting it. We taught him ALL about prayer on Thursday and even wrote a little outline of things he could say. He struggles because he just says that the words don't come to him so he resorts to his memorized prayers. We asked what he was thankful for and what concerns he had. Hopefully he uses that paper to really pray from his HEART and not his MIND.

Rebecca was baptized on October 24th and she's already helping out in missionary work!! She's so golden. She came to a lesson with Kyleigh and it was awesome because they have a lot of similar anxiety issues.

Kyleigh's Baptismal date is set for the 21st!! We just finished all of the discussions with her and she is READY!! Best moment came with her this week (keep reading:))

FUNNEST moment: there was a lady walking down the street with her ALPACA. I REPEAT. SHE WAS WALKING AN ALPACA!! hahahahhahahahahahaaa

MOST AWKWARD moment: we tried to help these two old guys that were moving wood into a truck by offering service. when we asked them how they were doing one of them just looked at us and then kept working. it was the worst. missionary life is just awkward sometimes. but you get over it this week...

HAPPIEST moment: WE GOT A NEW INVESTIGATOR!! He had the most brilliant blue eyes and one of the kindest people we've ever met.

BEST moment: Kyleigh told us in one of our lessons that while she thought she knew what it was, she had never really felt of God's love for her before she met us. THIS is why I am a missionary!! There were tears in my eyes because I KNOW that God loves all of His children. THAT is why I AM HERE! I love God and want everyone to feel His love!! And I know she was able to feel that love because she sincerely prays and reads the Book of Mormon. In Preach My Gospel (PMG), our missionary teaching manual, it states that, "The Book of Mormon is evidence of the love of God for His children." It is so cool to see how God's love is manifest among these people! He loves all of us as His children, but we won't be able to feel or recognize it until we understand that we are His children. I don't understand all things, but I do know that one truth. (1 Nephi 11:17, 22-23 go read it:) )

I love you all so much!! Hope your week is absolutely ahhhhmazing :) rock on, friends.

God Speed!
Sister Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment