Beliefs

Monday, November 23, 2015

Temples and Discipleship

HI FAMILY AND FRIENDS:)

It has been a really tough week teaching. But we continue to work diligently. Yes, we face trying times on our mission. Everyone does. That's just part of life. I've never before doubted so much or felt so much pain for these people that I barely know. But the pure joy outweighs it all. I love being able to bear Christ's name every single day. I work on becoming consecrated and more Christ like every day through repentance. I've got a long way to go, but I am trying and learning all along the way.

I think something that has been really hard for everyone recently is the Handbook policy change. It has been everywhere. The doctrine is the same; always has been, always will be. If you are still confused, look up the interview with D. Todd Christoffersen. He explains it simply and beautifully. The change is for the benefit and protection of the children.

Attending the Temple was the highlight of the week. While inside, I read Proverbs 3.Proverbs 3:27 states, "Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it." I cannot hold back the good word of God! I cannot withhold any of the truths that I know from everyone I meet. It is everyone's great privilege to choose for themselves, but I cannot keep them from the opportunity to hear it! I am and forever will be a disciple of the Savior. What a great calling! There is more love and joy in this work than I ever thought possible.

(Be ready: Pictures to come next week:))

XOXO
Sister Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment