Beliefs

Monday, April 18, 2016

Transfers

TRANSFERS WOOOO!!

I am actually so sad to leave Filer. It has become home. I love these people and will always have a place in my heart for them. I am thankful to my Heavenly Father who allowed me to serve in Filer at the time that I did and who helped us every step of the way. What a great experience. My relationship to Him and to the Savior, Jesus Christ, has been hugely strengthened in this area.  

AND I'LL BE SERVING IN TWIN FALLS!! Twin 6th Ward and the YSA Ward! It is going to be WAY different only having two areas, after having three then FIVE hahaa and I've never served in a Young Single Adult ward!! I am so excited to finally interact with people my age again that aren't missionaries hahaa. I'll be in the same zone as Sister Lima (first district in MoHo), Sister Merrell (who I trained!! SO HAPPYY!!) and Elder Udall (from the MTC!)!! It's going to be great :) I was on exchanges in this area a couple of weeks ago and I'm so excited to serve there full time!

This week, I've been thinking a lot about the Savior's Earthly Ministry. I've started reading from the New Testament this week. I love the Book of Mormon, but reading directly from the words of the Savior Himself is very different. We have also started teaching the Nevarez Family. They are AWESOME people. We haven't been able to meet with all of them super consistently because they've got a crazy situation (literally?.. what's new.) BUT they have a strong desire to be baptized! Because we are teaching them, I've been thinking a lot about the family and God's plan for families. As I think about the families that we are meeting with and their needs/goals as a family, I've thought a lot about what I want for my future family. One of the most important things that I want to be able to teach my children is found in Joshua 24:15.

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

My greatest hope is that the service that I render now will be a pattern for the rest of my life. I am so thankful for parents who taught me to put God first in my life- to serve Him and love Him with all energy of heart. When we do that, He makes more out of our lives than we ever could. Thank you, mom and dad. I hope I can raise a family like you raised us.


Much love from Filer to wherever you are. <3


xoxo
Sister Boyce



No comments:

Post a Comment