Beliefs

Monday, April 25, 2016

TWIN TAKE OVER

Heyoo from Twin <3

This week has been NUTS!! I left a piece of my heart in Filer, but am excited to be serving here in Twin with Sister Nelson! Serving in a YSA ward is super different than a family ward. But we have this one super awesome investigator, Enrique, who has a baptismal date for May 7th!! He's so golden. At the end of our lesson on Saturday, he said the closing prayer and said, "I pray every day that Thy will be done." It was such a good reminder for me that God has a plan for each of His children. And as we submit ourselves to His will instead of our own, He can make so much more out of us than we could ever make out of ourselves.

While I was sitting in sacrament meeting at church on Sunday, I came across the following hymn. The words deeply touched my heart.

Savior, Redeemer of My Soul

1. Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
Whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up
And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
What tongue my gratitude can tell,
O gracious God of Israel.

2. Never can I repay thee, Lord,
But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
Hath it not been my one delight,
My joy by day, my dream by night?
Then let my lips proclaim it still,
And all my life reflect thy will.

3. O'errule mine acts to serve thine ends.
Change frowning foes to smiling friends.
Chasten my soul till I shall be
In perfect harmony with thee.
Make me more worthy of thy love,
And fit me for the life above.

The Savior, Jesus Christ, personally and perfectly knows each one of us. His mighty hand can make us whole. I can never repay Him for the sacrifice He so willingly performed for me, but I can show my gratitude by the way that I love. In the way that I love Him and my neighbor. Those are the two greatest commandments. None of us will ever be able to perfectly love as the Savior did, but we can be filled with that kind of love on occasion. And the more frequent those occasions, the more we become like the Savior. THAT is when we can become "in perfect harmony" with our Father in Heaven and with His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Turn to them, and be filled with Their perfect love.

I was blessed this week to be able to feel of Their infinite love for Enrique. I had just met him, but was overcome with the love that our Heavenly Father and the Savior have for Him. What a great blessing.

Happy days ahead :)

xoxo
Sister Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment